What Event Planners and Other Pinoy Freelancers Should Know About Registering with the BIR

7:01 am JLofied 0 Comments

To my readers whose been following this blog since its inception in January, some of you may have realized by now that aside from being the person behind jlofied and KidiKraft, I am also a government employee. You see, it has always been my advocacy to inspire people to create a second income without leaving their profession or without quitting their regular day job.

To do this, you should be able to get a business that you must really be interested in and something that is low maintenance. A business that you can just do online after your day job or something that you can do over the weekends. You can be a Blogger, Virtual Assistant, Event Planner, Online Seller, Stylist, Writer, Musician, Photographer, Graphic Artist, Singer, and the list goes on. In the past 6 months, close to 200 people  were added on my FB friends list and most of them are freelancers. 

Every business comes with a great responsibility, and paying taxes is one of them.

Recently, the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) launched their campaign entitled "Easy as RFP" with this "nakaka - LSS" upbeat song. RFP stands for Register, File and Pay and I really do hope that the process is really as easy as watching this video because I will be registering as "mixed income earner" within the year.

Another information that I would like to share is the difference between a Business TIN and Employee TIN. Please check out the graphic below to assist you before filing for a TIN.

We are all aware of the flaws of the government and I will totally understand if you have "sentimyento"  with the government. However, I am encouraging you to do our share in helping the economy. 

For more tax related inquiries, you may visit www.itPhilippines.net or visit their BIRs FB page at https://www.facebook.com/birgovph